Burlap and Barrel's Sun-Dried Tomato Powder is made from a special tomato variety grown across Turkey's Aegean Sea coastline. Sun-dried tomatoes are a natural source of umami, and this tomato powder adds a bump of rich savoury tanginess.
Sauté the powder with aromatics like onions or garlic, use as a garnish on roasted vegetables or add to rubs for grilled meats.
- Origin: Aegean Region, Turkey
- Process: Sun-dried & ground. Organic.
Ingredients: 100% sun-dried tomato, ground (Lycopersicon esculentum, Mill.)
- Tasting notes: Herb garden • Umami bomb
- Specifications: 71g glass jar
- Coat veggies in olive oil and toss, add to meat rubs and stews
- Sauté with onions, garlic or mirepoix (cut onions, celery and carrots)
- Sprinkle over sliced tomatoes (trust us), focaccia and pizza
- Pairs well with: Smoked Pimenton Paprika, Cured Sumac
Some handy conversions:
- Tomato paste: 2:1 - 2 parts powder to 1 part water
- Tomato sauce: 1:6 - 1 part tomato powder to 6 parts water
The Tomato Powder has a very rich flavor.
I mixed it with my pizza dough and sprinkled some on the top, add olives and cheese.
It was simple and amazingly delicious.
Love it so much. :-p